Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag August - Glamour Academy

Hey lovelies!
Today I have something a little different for you, a review on my August Ipsy bag. I have been receiving these for months and I always say I'm going to review them but I never end up getting around to it lol, but this time I finally did!

If you haven't heard of Ipsy before, it's a bag that you pay $10 a month for ($15 for Canadians) and you get cosmetics/skin care that are chosen for you.
The bag was adorable this month, it's purple (my favorite) with little crests for Glamour Academy. This month I received - Smashbox Photofinish Primer, Mica Beauty Shimmer Powder - Bronze, Pixi - Lash Booster Mascara, Michael Todd - Pumpkin Nutrient Facial Mask and Urban Decay lipstick - 69.


I didn't take a picture of the Smashbox primer because I have used this product before so it slipped my mind on something to review. If you haven't used it before this primer has a very silky texture, you only need a pea size amount for the whole face. It will definitely make your makeup last all day long!


Mica Beauty Shimmer Powder Eyeshadow - Bronze. This is a loose pigment eyeshadow in a beautiful bronze color. I love bronze shades, they make my blue eyes so pop so I was so happy to see in this in my bag.





Pixi Lash Booster Mascara. I actually had never heard of the brand Pixi until recently when Target finally opened in Canada. I still hadn't had a chance to try the products so it was nice to receive this mascara. I'm always looking for a really good mascara, and I really like the brush on this one.



Urban Decay Lipstick - 69. I am in love with this color! I have tried quite a few of these new lipsticks and the pigment on them is amazing. They really stain the lip, nourish and last for hours! This color is a stunning red with a blue undertone, which works well on my fair skin.



Lastly, Michael Todd - Pumpkin Nutrient Mask. I'm always hesitant to try new skincare but I loved the fact that it had pumpkin in it. I have the Kate Somerville Exfolikate intense which has pumpkin and I love it so I decided to try this out. It has a very nice texture to it, and felt very nourishing after. 



If you're interested in joining here is a referral link:  Ipsy Referral 
Thanks for reading lovelies!
If you would like to see more posts like this then just let me know! :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got an awesome bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag! I really want to try those Revolution lip sticks. They look amazing :D

    ReplyDelete