Friday, 19 July 2013

My Nail Care Routine

Hey loves!
I asked you all what you wanted to see on my blog and someone mentioned my nail care routine, so here it is!

Julep Hand Cream With SPF 30, Rainbow Honey Cuticle Stick (Vanilla Dreams), 365 Days Of Color Cuticle Oil (Easter Garden), Nail Tek Foundation Xtra, Essie Grow Faster, Seche Vite and a Crystal Nail File.
This is all stuff I will use on a daily basis to help maintain my nails.

I will start off by filing my nails with my Crystal nail file (Which I bought on Ebay). I love these files just because I can wash them and continue using them, and I got like 6 for $2 lol. I know a lot of people aren't fans of crystal files, but I love it. I always wash my hands after I file my nails, just to get rid of all the nail residue on my hands.


I apply a thin layer of Nail Tek Foundation Xtra. I normally wouldn't have bought this, but I got it for free at Sallys because I bought 2 China Glaze polishes. I'm still not entirely sure I like it, I'm finding my nail polish chips the next day when I use this, but it seems like my nails are growing faster while using this. I also find it weird that it dries to a matte finish (as you can see in the picture)


I apply a layer of Essie Grow Faster on top of the Nail Tek. I only recently started doing this because I find that grow faster works better as a base, and the 2 of them have really helped my nails grow (except for my poor pinky which just broke).

I stopped taking pictures at this point because my final step is applying moisturizer (Julep Hand Cream), and then cuticle oil/balm. I usually use 365 Days Of Color cuticle oil, or Rainbow Honeys cuticle stick, I find they both work amazingly. Just remember to not leave your cuticle stick on your purse on a hot day lol, one of mine got a little bit melty.

I hope this answered any questions you had, and I hope you enjoyed seeing a post that's a little bit different! :)

Thanks for reading! xox

3 comments:

  1. I am a crystal file lover as well and use mine religiously to file down my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing this! Loved seeing a little bit of a change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love using crystal nail files! Your natural nails look great! :D

    ReplyDelete