Friday, 14 June 2013

Rainbow Honey - The Summer Of 199X Swatches and Review

Hey loves, I'm back from Vacation (I will have a Vacation post for you tomorrow)!
I have an exciting post for you today, some swatches and review of The Summer Of 199X collection by Rainbow Honey.
This collection features 10 amazing polishes inspired by the 1995 SNES game Earthbound.

"Another video game that holds a special place in my heart! I wanted this collection to bring me back into the game, and I think each new lacquer takes me to a special moment or reminds me of a certain boss that resulted in one too many Game Over's... Part I is made up of 5 new glitterbombs bursting with shimmer and color - they all layer to opacity but can be used over other colors as well. Part II is 3 new shimmer-dusted cremes and 2 new glitter toppers that give each creme a bold or sweet look. I am so excited to add these all to our lineup!" - Dee

The 3 polishes I will be reviewing are from Part I of The Summer Of 199X Collection, they're all insanely gorgeous glitterbombs!

Pink Cloud - "A hot pink jelly with holographic glitters and iridescent shimmer - perfect to meditate on and Carrot Key not included." This is an insanely gorgeous pink jelly, it covered perfectly in 2 coats. I couldn't get over how much glitter in this, it's definitely a glitterbomb like Dee said.



The Kraken - "A marine jelly with blue and green glow filled with glitters, shimmer and the sea monsters own holographic Crashing Boom Bang!" This reminds me of a mermaid or something, it's definitely a marine color. I love this, again it covered perfectly in 2 coats.



Lumine Hall - "A dark indigo jelly glistening with the iridescent glitters and shimmers of your deepest thoughts..." This is such a stunning color, it looks navy in some lights and then in the sun it looks almost purple. Perfect coverage in 2 coats.



I'm very impressed with this collection, with 10 polishes there's bound to be one that suits everyone. I can't wait to try more of these, every Rainbow Honey polish I've tried I've loved!

The complete collection will be $90 (full size), and $40 (mini-size).
Full size bottles are $10 each.
The collection will launch on June 21, but today only for 24 hours Rainbow Honey is offering a pre-sale to all Rainbow Honey customers!

*All products were provided to me for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

2 comments: