Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Guest Blogger Day 2: Jas from Jas's Blingtastic Nails

Hey lovelies!
Today I will be heading out to Niagara Falls with my man to celebrate our 3 year anniversary, I'll be sure to have lots of pictures for you when I'm back, so I have Jas from Jas's Blingtastic Nails here for a Guest Post!
This post is pretty picture heavy, but it's definitely worth it!
----
Hello everyone. I'm Jas from Jas's Blingtastic Nails and today I am doing a guest post for you on Nailtopia, thanks so much Lindsay for the opportunity! Today I have for you two polishes from the Russian company Dance Legend and I am using one of them to making my own polish decals. It's easy and a fun way to get designs on your nails, especially if you aren't into stamping. Here is the final result:


For this look I used Dance Legend Termo Trio No 3, which is a tri-color changing thermal polish. I only needed one coat over a base coat and then added a top coat which didn't affect the color change. On my ring finger I used 2 coats of Dance Legend T-1000 as a base.
The cute little kitty on my ring finger? Well that I did using a kitty shaped hole punch using the dried polish of Dance Legend Termo Trio No 3. So kitty does a color change too! One of the fabulous Aussie Nails girls who figured out the nail polish hole punch technique has made a tutorial which you can find here and the best thing is, you can use any polish :)


Dance Legend Termo Trio No3. As you can see on the lid, it goes dark purple when cold, light purple when warm and grey when hot. I put 2 coats on baking paper and let it dry for at least 3 hours before hole punching the kitten shape. I then place the nail polish kitten on my ring finger and top coated the whole thing :)

Warm nail beds, cold tips :) Kitty has warm ears too!
Dance Legend T-1000 on my ring finger is actually holographic which isn't great in lightbox.
As my hands got warmer there was a further color change. I have hot nail beds, warm tips heading towards cool here.
Nearly hot all over!
Back to cooler tips, warmer nail beds and the a cute kitty!

What do you think of the thermal polish and the home made decal? I really like the combo :) I purchased my kitten hole punch from a craft store and they had many, many other designs. So you really are only limited by your own imagination. I purchased my Dance Legend polish directly from Dance Legend which is Russian based, and postage
can take a little longer than most, but their range of polish is pretty fun and unique in colors.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the post!

xoxo

Jas

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's pretty fun to play with :)

      Delete
  2. Very cool! And I love the kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this post, and I just had to have it, just put my order through... now i have to wait up to 45days! (ouch, but looks like it's worth the wait) Congrats on 3 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Jas! I love the cat accent!

    ReplyDelete