Saturday, 25 May 2013

For Waffles.

Hi everyone.
I am sorry for not posting the past few days, if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram then you already know why I had to take a break.
On Tuesday I posted that my bunny Waffles was going into surgery, and early in the afternoon we received a call saying his heart failed and he didn't make it.
I have been so heartbroken the past few days, and I had to take some time to myself to grieve. I have had people tell me I was over reacting, and it was stupid for me to be so upset.. or my favorite "It's just a bunny.. it's not like it's a dog or anything!". Well, anyone that has had a pet bunny knows how special they are, and Waffles was absolutely amazing. I'm very thankful that I had him in my life, even if it was just for a short period of time.
What better way to honor him then to do some nail art.
I did a carrot pattern all over (his favorite treat, and his favorite toy), and then an accent nail that resembles his nose/face (I loved his fluffy grey spots!).



I miss him so much, but I know he would want me to be happy.. so that's what I'm trying to do.
We gave him a nice burial, we wrapped him in his favorite towel and buried him with a few of his favorite toys and a picture of my fiance and myself.. and we can go and visit him whenever we want.
I also need to say thank you to all of the people on Facebook and Instagram who took the time to say there condolences, I appreciated every word you guys said.


RIP Waffles, your heart was too big for this world. Mommy loves you handsome. xoxox

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I can relate, when my pet rat died, people said the same things to me because she was "just a rat". I do think your nails for him are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm so sorry :c -virtual hug-

    I will never understand people who underestimate the loss of a pet, any pet :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I'm sorry to hear about Waffles. :-(
    Some people can be so rude. When we have pets, regardless of what kind, we get attached to them. I cried when we had to flush my favourite fish, and then again when we had to give the rest away. It's been 4 years and I still miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, so sorry for your loss. These nails are a beautiful tribute. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hun I am so so sorry! Any pet is special and a part of your life, and no one has the right to diminish that.
    These nails are lovely and a lovely way to remember your little fur baby!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about Waffles. I enjoyed seeing pictures of him. I had a hamster a few years ago and I was devastated when he passed away. A loss is a loss no matter who or what kind of animal it is. Lots of love to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful tribute to a beautiful bunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear this love and you're right, people are ignorant and don't realize what special creatures they are and are just as loyal, loving and hilarious as any other pet. Thinking of you and waffles is in the greenest of fields eating clovers and dandelions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about little Waffles. My pets are my babies and my best friends. Your tribute to him was beautiful. You gave him a happy family life. Someday, we will be reunited with them .
    Many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete